Open source web development tools are advantageous because in an open source tool, the codes can be conveniently modified. Most developers favor open source applications mainly because it is free while serving its purpose. Among the multitude of open source web development tools available today, only few are contrived to excel surfacing the others by their efficiency and practicability. Among those who stand out specializing in copy editor are:
1. Eclipse – This is an open source web development tool that harnesses open platforms focusing in extending frameworks, building run times and software managing. Most of the time, Eclipse is correlated with its Eclipse Software Development Kit (SDK) which is composed of its own platform, plug-in and Java tools. Because of these components, Eclipse open source web development tool enables developing in various programming languages.
2. Aptana – Apata is a powerful open source web development tool that uses single environment. Its core features include an integrated debugger, deployment wizard, GIT integration, IDE customization, built – in terminal and code assistance.
3. JEdit – With a full source code, JEdit open source web development tool outperforms other commercial code editors. This free, easy to use software is managed by a worldwide development team under the license of GNU General Public License, version 2.
4. Amaya – Started out as an HTML plus CSS sheets editor, this open source web development tool, expanded its support services to XML and XML applications which can be edited on compound documents. Amaya was developed in 1996 which main aim was to supply a framework that utilizes and integrates W3C technologies as much as it possibly can.
5. Quanta Plus – A facile open source web development tool is gaining users, becoming Quanta Plus a steady rival against the already established web editors. Quanta Plus serves a good alternative on the market. This open source web development tool editor emphasizes their state-of-the-art features such as the plug-support and Php debugger.
Many people are under the impression that paying expensive software for a web editor is availing of a better editing service. Nonetheless, there are free software editors that perform just as reliable. The web development market has grown tremendously paving way for end-users to have better alternatives. In the foresable future, more options will be out better choice for the developers.